Moving to Italy
Nowship offers micro moving services to Ireland for shipping what is essential.
If you are only moving a small amount of your valued goods in boxes or crates, our very small move solution is a perfect add on to get what's needed there fast.
Below are document requirements and information regarding Ireland for your move.
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects for Ireland
Required Documents When Moving to Ireland
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Transfer of residency 1(TOR 1) - PPS declaration document
- Express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Documentary evidence of residence abroad for at least 12 months
- Two original copies of utility bills. (Electricity bill and a bank statement will do. Must not be older than 12 months).
- Proof of residence in Ireland (2 forms)
- Copy of property lease, rental agreement, or purchase in Ireland
- Resident / work permit / letter of employment
- Travel itinerary returning to Ireland / copy of flight confirmation / copy of boarding pass
- Letter from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs Protocol Section
Specific Information You Should Understand Prior to Your Move to Ireland
- All goods should be in the ownership of the owner of the goods for at least 12 months prior to import.
- Owner of the goods does not need to be present for Customs clearance.
- Owner of the goods should arrive in the country prior to the arrival of the shipment.
- Used household goods may be allowed entry on a duty and tax free basis once the TOR has been verified. Read more on TOR for Ireland
- Imports not deemed qualified as part of a TOR shipment will be subject to duty (6% to 13%) and value added tax (VAT) of approximately 23%.
- If they do not have a European Union country passport they must provide a copy of their Irish entry authorisation visa.
- Letter from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs Protocol Section authorizing release of the consignment from the port (diplomats).
- Needs to be confirmed ahead of arriving into port as Ireland only extends the same privileges it receives in the country of origin.
- Alcohol is subject to duties (variable according to type, strength, etc.) and VAT (23%).
- A declaration form is needed prior to arrival of the container and should be loaded at rear of the container for easy access if examination is required.
- New furniture and household goods (items purchased within 6 months of the date of shipping are subject to customs duties and VAT of 23%).
- Meat products
- Live plants
- Endangered species and any products or parts thereof as outlined by CITES (authorization from CITES is required)