Moving to Spain
Nowship offers micro moving services to Spain. It is the perfect moving system for shipping what is essential. If you are only moving a small amount of your valued goods or if you have a larger move via ocean, our micro move solution is a perfect add on to get what's needed there fast.
Below are document requirements and information regarding Spanish Customs for your move to Spain.
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects for Spain
- Original of passport
- Original of DNI (for Spaniards) or NIE (residence permit for foreigners)
- Detailed inventory, valued and signed in Spanish
- Original certificate of change of residence (“Baja Consular”) issued by the Spanish Consulate at origin
- Spanish resident card / work permit
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- “Alta de Empadronamiento” issued by the local authorities of the place of residence in Spain
- Application form for duty-free importation
- Diplomatic Franchise (Diplomats)
- Original certificate of change of residence issued by the Spanish Consulate at origin for Spanish Nationals
- Original certificate of change of residence issued by correspondent Consulate at origin for foreign citizens from a third country
- Official paperwork proving residency in country of departure for at least the last 12 consecutive months: Employer letter, registration certificates from any public administration in origin, rental bills, etc for foreign citizens moving from their country of origin
- Household goods and personal effects are duty free when moving to Spain if meeting the following conditions:
- Goods are owned and used by the owner of the goods for a minimum of 6 months
- The shipment is imported into Spain within 12 months after owner of the goods arrival
- The owner of the goods must have lived abroad for a minimum of 1 year
- If a Spanish Residence permit is not available, a Bank Guarantee between 40% and 60% of the total value declared in the inventory and the presentation of the Work Permit will be required for Customs clearance.
- The Bank Guarantee will be returned when regularization is completed within 6 months upon presentation of the permit.
- Owner of the goods must be registered at the National Tax Office / Revenue Service; if the owner of the goods has not obtained a Residence Permit, the owner of the goods’ employer, company or a person already registered at National Tax Office must represent the owner of the goods at Customs clearance.
- Owner of the goods must obtain Diplomatic Franchise from the Foreign Affairs Ministry, which takes approximately 2-3 weeks.
Restricted and Dutiable Items for Moving to Spain
- Fur coats may undergo Spanish Customs examination.
- There are no limits on the amount of alcohol and tobacco imported from countries in the European Union; however, Customs is more likely to investigate if bringing more than the quantities indicated:
- Cigarettes (800), cigarillos (400 or 3 g each), cigars (200), smoking tobacco (1 kg)
- Spirits over 22% (10 L), spirits under 22% (20 L), Wine (90 L but no more than 60 L of sparkling wine), beer (110 L)
- The following items may qualify for imported by persons 18 years and older within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), smoking tobacco (250 g)
- Alcohol exceeding 22% volume or un-denatured ethyl alcohol 80% volume and over (1 L), alcohol not exceeding 22% volume (2 L), still wine (4 L), beer (16 L)
- Firearms and ammunition (permit is required)
- Antiques (permit is required)
- Liquor and alcohol (small quantities)
- Pictures, sculptures, Persian carpets and other art items
- Protected species and products made from them per the Washington Convention (CITES), such as ivory, tortoise shells, coral, reptile skins, etc.