Moving to Belgium
Nowship offers micro moving services to Belgium. It is the perfect moving system for shipping what is essential. Wondering how to get your essential personal effects to Belgium sooner?
If you are only moving a small amount of your valued goods without furniture or if you have a larger move that includes furniture, our very small move solution is a perfect add on to get what's needed there fast. How much does it cost to make a small move to Belgium? Find out here. To learn about documents need to move to Belgium, read on below.
Below are document requirements and information regarding Belgium for your move.
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects for Belgium
Documents Required for a Tax and Duty Free Move to Belgium
- Copy of passport showing photograph and signature
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / express release / air waybill (AWB) / Convention Relative Au Contract de Transport International de Marchandises Par Route (CMR)
- Certificate of residence (Model 2)
- Certificate for free entry (diplomats)
- Letter of employment
- Packing list
- Certificate of residence (Model 2) issued by local Belgian town hall of the city of residence.
- Letter of employment from the origin country or destination country stating that the owner of the goods has been employed outside the European Union for a period of at least 12 months.
- If possible, the letter of employment from the origin country should include the beginning and ending dates of employment and beginning date of employment in Belgium.
- Any other official documents from the embassy or the Consulate at origin stating that the owner of the goods has lived outside Belgium for the past 12 months should be included. List of Belgian Consulate Offices in USA
Restricted/Dutiable Items for Moving to Belgium
- Ivory (CITES)
- Stuffed animals / animal skins
- Untreated wood
- Alcohol (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Coats, fur, and leather shoes made from protected animals (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Firearms and ammunitions
- Illegal drugs
Cultural and Other Information