Save time, money & maintain an accurate move budget
NOWSHIP & BUZZSURVEY©, a leader in the moving industry has made its superior service available to our customers.
Pre-Move Survey provides online professional survey specialist working with you directly to identify each item for shipping within your residence. Provide a neutral report for the total volume of your shipment and discuss with you ways in which you could take less and save money for your shipping.
Pre-Move Survey Plus provides online professional survey specialist working with you directly to identify each item for shipping within your residence. Provide a neutral report for the total volume of your shipment and discuss with you ways in which you could take less and save money for your shipping. Provide geo-location and access certification for your report.
Geo-location and a good access certificate means all movers will know will or will not need special handling services (small shuttle truck, parking suspension etc...) when requesting quotes for full service.
This report also meets needs of corporate relocation & lump sum moving (check with your employer, as this fee may be reimbursable or paid directly).
What is a pre-move survey?
A pre-move surveys help to lay out a plan for your move. The report will help your mover determine what packing materials will be required and if you need any third-party services for specialty items like grandfather clocks. During the survey we will also identify any access issues such as elevators, difficult street access and or the requirement for parking permits or parking suspension.
Why is a pre-move survey important?
Pre-move surveys will determine the approximate cost of your move and the amount of space your belongings will occupy during transportation. Doing a visual assessment is the only way for a moving companies to give an accurate estimate because the belongings in every home are different. After you contact or we contact companies on your behalf, you should be wary of any low cost estimate you get online through a calculator using a "choose the number of rooms you'll be moving" calculator. These estimates are based upon the number of rooms in your home and are highly inaccurate. During your pre-move survey you can ask any questions you have related to how your items will be packed and how a packing crew will protect your home during the move.
Tips to prepare for your pre-move survey
- Do your homework and get an estimate. This is something any reputable moving company should provide. Moreover, if you are paying for your own move, be sure to get quotes from at least three movers. Reputable moving companies should never charge you for an estimate.
- Set aside enough time to go through your entire home top to bottom during the pre-move survey.
- Be sure to tell us if there are any items in your home that will not be making the move, as this will impact the survey report.
- If you have items that are not at your residence, prepare to visit this site with the surveyor as well, be sure to let us know when scheduling the appointment that you will be visiting more than one location.
- If your employer is paying for your move, they may pay for this neutral report, as it is a first layer of protection when securing moving quotes.
If you’ve never moved before, you might be surprised to find out how many things should be taken into consideration to seamlessly get all of your belongings from your old home to your new one. When we are finished, you'll have a neutral pre-move survey sent to you -this is your tool and "insurance" to get accurate estimates for your international move.
Pre-Move Survey: $85.00 (Cubic Foot or Cubic Meter)